The Mitchelsons of Windsor and Simsbury

Volume 9 Issue 3 Fall 2002

William and Eliphalet, Tailor and Tavern Keepers

Windsor town records suggest that William Mitchelson arrived in Connecticut early in the eighteenth century. The first mention of William is in Windsor’s vital records, where his marriage to Mary Howard on April 26, 1713 is recorded. Land records show that three years later he purchased a house on a two-acre lot in Windsor from James Eno. In 1720 he began acquiring land in Simsbury’s Scotland area, which is now part of northern Bloomfield.

Simsbury Free Library • 749 Hopmeadow Street, P.O. Box 484 • Simsbury, CT 06070 • 860-408-1336