Volume 10 Issue 2 , Summer 2003
Second in the Series on the Connecticut Historical Society Collections
The prize collection of the Connecticut Historical Society is the historical manuscript collection. It was instituted in 1839 when CHS established quarters over the store of Humphrey and Seyms on Hartford’s Main Street and began actively collecting historical materials. The collection comprises manuscript materials from the 17th through 20th centuries generated by Connecticut citizens as they went about their lives.